We’re getting closer to the ‘most wonderful time of the year’ and I for one love to be organised and ready for Christmas! I love to have the house decorated as early as possible so I can kick back and enjoy a nice cup of cocoa in front of the fire, all snuggled up and warm with my lovely Alfie.
This pretty bunting will add a traditional touch to your Christmas decor, around the tree, across a mirror or doorway. The letters are stitched on to the smaller sized tree, but you can appliqué two or three sized trees together. You will need nine trees all together to spell out the word! All the products you need to re-create this project are in the list below!
Extras: Fancy Christmas Themed Ribbon and Buttons for decoration Steps:
1. Draw around your small Christmas tree die on to a piece of light green felt with an erasable ink pen. Draw your letter in the centre.
2. Use a zig zag satin stitch on your machine to embroider over the letter. Use a practice piece of felt first to make sure the width and length of the stitches are correct first. Place your small tree die over the letter and cut.
3. Cut out one large dark green tree and one medium dark red tree. Adhere the two together with repositionable spray adhesive.
4. Place the small embroidered tree over the top, and hand sew with a running stitch all the way round.
5. Attach to the ribbon with a button.
6. Repeat with all the pennants.
I hope you have fun making this bunting for Christmas this year!